Monday, August 6, 2012

Out With the Old...

After sharing the first 5 chapters with my writer's circle, I am back at the drawing board, finding ways to make the story's beginning stronger. Granted, it's not a total wash, hopefully the people that have read it will agree, there's potential there. However, the feedback from readers has helped me considerably to find some weak points within the story. So, if you have provided some comments, THANK YOU! If you haven't and if you have formed an opinion, SHARE IT! I'd love to see some comments, questions, speculations, reactions -- what ever.

Because I'm adding more about setting, West's dream, and some basic elements in the first scene, I'll be posting a rewrite soon. So, PLEASE share the link to this blog, get as many readers as possible to see it and weigh in. The negative reviews help me improve it, the positive reviews help inspire me, so either way, your statements are valuable.

The writing is going well, I'm on chapter 10 now, though I am going back to redo some of the first part while the ideas are fresh in my head. This has been so much fun already, I can't wait to see how things turn out for West.

More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts, please...