Saturday, July 28, 2012

And it begins...

As I sit here on my 33rd birthday, eating the delicious veggie omelet that my husband made for me, I have decided to start this blog. Not only because writing is fun, but because possibly, it will help me. Perhaps it will help me write though confounding moments, or maybe, in the best of worlds, give me the chance to get feedback from others as the story unfolds.

I've started telling a story I currently call "The Paragon". In it, a girl named West is part of a community that lives at sea in a post-apocolyptic world. When a wayward ship is found, she meets a stranger, the lone survivor amongst a dozen young girls found dead on board. Together, they embark upon a quest to return to land, where life somehow managed to survive. Though the people she finds there are welcoming and kind, a dark underbelly is exposed as she learns more about this strange new world.

A sample rough draft of the first couple of chapters is soon to come...

There is much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts, please...